Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Now here's a first, at least for me...

This is a 650 single-speed or rear der. only frame for rim brakes ( Paul Component Motolites) and to top it all off....S&S couplers. This unprecedented combination will go to Virginia and probably see a lot of miles in the air as well as on the ground. The tubeset is a combination of Reynolds 853 and 725 with the normal Dedaccai seat and head tubes that I use on almost every steel frame. Reynolds has a habit of not making the diameters of thier tubes to spec so I have to really become mr. precision machinest to make everything fit up correctly, which thankfully it did. I can send this one out knowing that without the tools and experience I have I would probably not be able to complete such a frame. I guess the years of hard work and throwing tools at the floor are paying off.









No comments: