Saturday, July 31, 2010

29er S/S with Paragon sliders

This frame and fork are the last projects to leave the shop in July. The rider is 5'8" and races s/s on a 29er so this will be his next ride. The frame and fork are nearly all True Temper , just the rear stays are Dedaccai. This is pretty typical of the 29er's I build these days....seems that the rigid fork is back and gears are not the norm. My idea of an ideal bike is one of these with an internal-geared hub......all of the range, no der's or chain slap. Look for that bike late this winter-I'll be riding it, at least if I ever get the time to build it !



4 comments:

Marek said...

I would love to see this bike completed :) Looks awesome.

Wes said...

Paul: What kind of internally geared hub do you plan on using? I've been considering building something along those lines (although perhaps using a CX frame) for a while now, but I don't know if I want to spend the money on a Rohloff.

swiggco world said...

Shimano will release the Alfine 11 spd. rear hub in a couple of months, supposedly. I want the first one ! I got one of the first 8 spd. versions and it is excellent.

David Kreindler said...

belt drive?