Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Steel road frame with internal cable

A steel fork is a nice compliment to a steel frame as it can be painted to match and it also can be built to match, both for geometry and aesthetic considerations. The task is so much easier with my new Anvil fork jig.
There has been a trend toward people ordering steel road frames as of late. I really don't have a problem with this as my experience with steel goes back to the times of the dawning of the universe. I guess I'm pretty old.......so here's the latest one. The frame is shot from the non-drive side so you can see the internal brake cable setup. It's not unique to my bikes by any stretch of the imagination but it is a nice touch and gives this welded bike a little more class.

2 comments:

vernor said...

Paul, you purchased a Jig? That's incredible! I've never seen anything in your shop you did not make, including all your jigs......welcome to the present. can you put up a shot of the old system so people can see the two for comparison. I think it would only make us all respect you even more.

swiggco world said...

I gave the old jig away.....never got a photo of it.