Friday, January 28, 2011

Team Carbon , newest edition


This is the 2011 version of the Team Carbon. The front triangle is Easton Scandium and the rear stays are Columbus " Super Muscle", the top of the Columbus carbon line. This is pretty much the top of the line racing frame that I build , although it is less expensive than either the lugged or fillet brazed " Signature" steel frames that I build. Soon I'll put up a photo of the fillet version in 29er form.
The stays are not glued in yet, just put in place for the photo. The fitting of the stays is critical for alignment and durability. I used to get really nervous when I built these frames for the first time.
The materials on this frame are the best I can get and the cost is not low for all this fancy stuff. The result is a sub 3 lb. frame that really goes well on all day rides but still feels like a full-on race bike.

No comments: