Saturday, February 26, 2011

This is what a few of us did instead of going to NAHMBS

The tanks......scene of many a drunken night time derby about 15 years ago.
This one's for you......if you thing you can still steer your bike after a few good swigs.
This is a place I used to ride about 30 years ago....De La Veaga park. I had a Schwinn Varsity set up with flat handlebars......it did surprisingly well on the trails.
West coast builders included Sean from Soulcraft , Robert from Ventana and his own brand , Blue Collar , Rick of Hunter cycles and myself. There were about ten of us total.
Here we are in Steve's house , waiting to get under way. Things never get going too fast from what I hear......it was about 40 degrees so it was fine waiting inside for awhile.

5 comments:

Alex said...

Damn, and just when the world needed another fixie with integral racks and polished stainless. You guys are so selfish ;)

Is Blue Collar Bikes still going? I was pretty close to getting one but the website disappeared...shame as I loved the flame gusset!

Alex

dolan said...

Wow, the tanks behind Crown College and De La Veaga. Thx for bringing back the memories :)

Javier Daniel Valencia Vedoy said...

I'm very jealous. I wish SF had what SC has to offer. Boo.

Fire Horse said...

Had a fun time with everyone Paul. And good job on clearing that drop between the trees :-)

Troy

Scott said...

Looks like you guys had more fun. guess we'll just have to post some ride pics while you're up in Oregon