Thursday, March 17, 2011

Single speed 29er for S.F. Pizza man.

The owner of this frame is pretty darn good with a wood burning oven.....to be frank, I think he's the best I have run into in my years of sampling pizza in a few countries.
There's a matching fork for the frame but I didn't get a chance to photograph it before leaving the shop. I'll do that tomorrow. I have built many forks so far this year and I am on course to maybe have a record year in that regard. It seems like the old steel fork is making a comeback.
No disc brakes or shock for this customer, just pure single speed simplicity. The welding on this frame is about the best I have ever done. I have figured out that I needed to get a little closer to the work with the torch....something I tell my U.B.I. students-it's about time that I heeded my own words !

No comments: