Saturday, April 23, 2011

Frame builder's vinyard


Yes, 16 vines about 7 years old. I'm trying to make my own estate bottled Pinot Noir from my back yard. Maybe it is too small to be considered a proper vinyard and a 680 square foot house is hardly and estate, but this is what I have and I'm going to try to make the most of it. Having had success in the shop with bikes does not help one at all when it comes to taming the finicky grape. By late September I'll know if I have a solid harvest. I'll probably only get around six gallons but if it is good, it will be worth the effort.

2 comments:

troyinsantacruz said...

Love your vineyard Paul and good luck with the vino.

Unknown said...

growing grapes/making wine and making bikes both take a lot of practice and lots of mistakes. luckily, in both cases, the end product provides a lot of relatively sure-fire enjoyment. at least, i like drinking wine and I like riding bikes..