Monday, August 20, 2012

Big tire 'cross frame for Washington state

 I still have to build a fork for this frame but I thought I would put up a photo of it today. It is almost an expedition style 'cross bike-a variant on the Tig Team s.l. platform. This one is set up with sliders, disc brake mounts and fender eyelets. There will be spots for front and rear racks as well.
I put a Bruce Gordon 700x43 tire in the back of the frame and it cleared with no problem. With the sliders moved back I think a 29x2.0 tire would fit. This ons will get the team color-seafoam green.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Please, please, please post a pic of this when you (or the customer) gets it built up! This is EXACTLY the bike I've been thinking about ordering!

chris and hollie mcgovern said...

shoot, look at all that tire clearance....and the chainrings will fit too! That flat section on the outside of the stay is beautiful and functional. Baller!

chris and hollie mcgovern said...

shoot, look at all that tire clearance....and the chainrings will fit too! That flat section on the outside of the stay is beautiful and functional. Baller!