Monday, April 29, 2013

Steel tig welds

 Here's some pretty decent looking stuff from last week. I have been using my newer welder for about 10 months now and am pretty comfortable with it. Maybe some day I'll be nearly as good as Mike De Salvo !
 For the people that wish to know, this is a mid-'90's Miller Syncrowave 250 and I do not have a pulser. I use a 3/32 " ceriated or lanthanated electrode most of the time and have a gas lens. I use about 18-20 PSI pf Argon and use the 'dab' method for adding rod. This is all primitive style by current standards but if I get results like this I guess I'm doing o.k.

5 comments:

Nick said...

Looking good Paul!

Mike said...

There is nothing wrong with the older Miller machines. We have dozens at work and like the old saying goes, "It's not the arrow, it's the indian".

Mike said...

There is nothing wrong with the older Miller machines. We have dozens at work and like the old saying goes, "It's not the arrow, it's the indian".

Anna Schafer said...

I have been using my newer welder for about 10 months now and am pretty comfortable with it.Jay

LSG Industrial & Office Products, Inc. said...

Thank you for taking time in sharing this wonderful information with all the lovely photos. By the way Industrial Products Clark is offering welding machines and supplies too!